Preparation time is about 45 minutes- 1 hour maximum.
- Large Pot
- Parting knife
- Cutting board
|See, I did not remove the stems fully,|
and I paid the price each time
I bit into one.
So remove all signs of the stems.*
- Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 2 tablespoons (29.6 ml)
- Tomatoes on the vine (medium): 1.14 pounds (.52 kg) (minus all indications of the stem) cut into fours.
- Celery stalks: 2, chop off ends and discard, then cut celery into tiny, bite-sized pieces.
- Shiitake mushrooms (sliced): 5 OZ/(142 g)
- Basil leaves (fresh): 1.5 OZ/(42g) minus the stems
- Russet Potatoes: 3 medium= 1 pound/(.45 kg)
- Asparagus: 1 pound/(.45 kg): chop off and discard at least 3 inches (7.62cm) off the bottom and discard. As for the rest, chop into bite-sized pieces and add to the soup.
- Brussels sprouts: 1 pound/(.45 kg), stems removed, dead skin peeled off and removed, and sliced into fours or even smaller.
- Spinach leaves: 7-8 OZ (~213g)
- Water: 4 cups (.95L)
- Rapunzel brand vegan bouillon cubes: 3
- Iodized salt (not sea salt): 2 teaspoons (9.9 ml), to be added at the very end, after it has cooked.
- Put all the ingredients into a pot, in the exact order above.
- Set to high, covered, until it boils. Then, reduce to medium-low and cook covered for 35 minutes, stirring well occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy.